There was an error in this gadget

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Great wall O Text update

First, I quit smoking.
Since my sick as a dog post I haven't had a cigarette in over 3 weeks. I account my current success to a E-cigarette. I lucked out and got a good one for around 20 bucks. It is an EVOD battery with a Kanger T3S Clearomizer clone tank. These work well and I currently am on a Pineapple kick. Current nicotine level is 12mg, and I am quickly thinking of lowering that to 6mg. So if all works out by this time next year I will not even be using the E-cigarette. I frankly haven't even wanted a real cigarette, they smell gross and I can smell it now. I didn't realize just how much my smell and taste was affected by smoking. I also feel so much better.
Second, I went shooting at a new place
Governors Gun Club. It is a very nice set up and the range people are really nice and helpful. Computerized targets, and well ventilated.  
Third, I tested the grendel.
The grendel is still not reliable with 11 rounds in the mag. It will work reliably with 5 rounds in the mag, but not with round nose FMJ. So once again I have found another .380acp that hates FMJ, but works with JHP.....
Fourth, I can't shoot.
At 10 yards I was barely able to keep them on the targets torso, this also being DA from my Sig 226 in 9mm. Single action was.....weird, I could barely keep them on the target at 10 yards. I ended up just decocking every shot and shooting DA only to keep them on the torso. Still the spread was left and right of aim, and was about 9 inches across. A little high and low about 4-5 inches. It was embarrassing.
Perhaps it's something mental, I did go into that range trip actually worried about re-injuring myself.
Fifth, My shoulder and elbow are better.
The whole reason I went shooting was at the direction of my Physical Therapist, just to make sure I was ready to end therapy. I actually rented the heaviest recoiling pistol at the range. A S&W Governor and fired 20 rounds of .410 00buckshot, one handed. That thing stings the palm, but is amazingly controllable, and fun.  

3 comments:

  1. Good work on the kicking tobacco. It took me a year and a half to get off of it after the, fortunately, relatively harmless stroke. That was a message! It's not easy. Shitty cheap cigars only in the shop put the last nail in the coffin of that habit. Justified an AR for the $$ I saved. For some reason the wife still aint buyin' it. Nope, but I did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks although I slipped up last night. Counters back to 0....

    ReplyDelete