There was an error in this gadget

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Allergies suck

Yesterday was fun.

I was changing the starter on my car when I started itching on my left arm, the one stuck down in the engine turning a bolt. Well my arm got tired so I pulled it out and notice several welts and what looked like hives covering the inside of my elbow down to the wrist. I look over at my right arm and same hive like appearance, I look over at my partner and ask for some anti-histamines.
That's when they say my neck also has welts, a quick check of my back and chest shows more hives and welts....so we rush to the doctor. He takes one look and says, lets get a shot of Decadron in me. So they shoot me up and say if it doesnt get better to comeback or go to the ER. They also said you should lay down, it will make you sleepy.....wow they were not kidding.
Took the shot at like 3pm, woke up around 3am. Still worked like a charm, no welts or hives.

I never even got the starter out of the car....now how to fix the car I can't touch.

The one thing about this that was interesting, I was OC my Sig, not a word was said by anyone. Except the nurse giving my shot, she asked what kind of gun when I took it off so I could drop pants to get the shot. Then she said she has a Ruger, and that it was a present from her Husband, and that her Dad is a firearms instructor.
Needless to say, I love living in Georgia at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment