There was an error in this gadget

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Politics

Pardon this entry will be more of a personal entry then anything else.

I am conflicted, by my ideals and the harsh realities of man.

Corruption is unavoidable, evil, and insanity are as much a part of the human as death and birth. Civilization is the quest to limit these things, but they will never be in my opinion eliminated. They are both hindrances and safety nets for extreme situations. I literally studied every religion I could find, and found them all lacking. So I made my own, the same with my politics. Sadly I find my politics conflicted, and when I say politics I must clarify in that I mean my own balance between my ideals and reality in how I act and think.

On one had I want to vote for the candidate that I believe will do my country and society the most good, on the other I wish to minimize the evil, corruption, and insanity of others. Thus I am conflicted to which is the best choice. I have yet to find a candidate that will do the most good, but I know which one will most likely do the worst. Still the gamble in a way seems pointless, because I realize the society I live in does not think at all like me, some are closer, but none are quite like me.

Nature in a way I see eliminates the radical, it prefers a certain level of conformity. Still the radical can be a new path, and I wonder am I on the right path, or a societal dead end.

I know this all sounds kinda vague, because it is, it is not the specific talking point of the day, it is the geist of my thinking.

I guess Im trying to work this out and hope by typing this out I will gain insight.

Perhaps I should be thinking more "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."-Edmund Burke, for I believe far to many do not think at all except for the petty vices and distractions of the difficulties of life. We all are addicts of something, mine just happens to be living free.


No comments:

Post a Comment