There was an error in this gadget

Friday, April 27, 2012

A new candy store.

Yesterday being my day off I finally went to see the new Academy Outdoor store. Whoohoo new toy store! They had a decent sized gun counter, and shelves and shelves of ammo, parts, and accessories. (Wow that's a clunky sentence.) They also have the best prices I've seen all year.

So as I'm checking out things this lady is asking about various pistols, and the clerk actually says "I don't know", so I fill in a quick answer, which lead to me explaining a few basics about pistols for the lady. Had a nice chat about carrying, and tried to give her some info so she could pick the best pistol for her.

Funny thing was the staff were very nice but a little green. Just as I was about to leave one guy was asking the gun counter clerk about a beretta neo specifically about the dial just under the barrel, not a gun I am terribly familiar with, and this is where the clerk gets an A+, he said and this is paraphrased "I don't know. Why don't we ask this guy" motions at me "he seems to know a bit about guns."
He actually admitted not knowing something and asked someone else for info.

Sadly I hadn't a clue what it was for, we all speculated a bit, but none of us knew for certain. For the record its what holds the barrel on, its part of the takedown.

Overall a nice experience, and welcome addition.

No comments:

Post a Comment