There was an error in this gadget

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

DADT

I actually got kicked out under DADT, I thankfully received a honorable discharge. Honestly I hate DADT, it was a flawed BS political feel good law. It added no protections and made it more difficult.

I have been talking to recruiters for months trying to get back in, sadly since its taken so long I have hit my deadline to get back in, I have one option left. US Army, and there is only one career left for my rank. Special Forces. I can't rejoin the Air Force, and frankly Special Forces is not where I want to be right now. I have a Partner and I want to start a family, Special Forces is not for that kind of life. Physically I'm not a young as I used to be, and SF is one of the hardest, and there is no certainty here. Its only the chance to try out for SF.

So I have to say this Thanks Congress and the DOD for being jack-holes, screwed me out of my GI bill after I get kicked out (I had it for about a year after I got out, until Congress did a retroactive change on who gets it), now screw me from serving Active duty....

No comments:

Post a Comment